[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Thu Feb 4 07:22:10 UTC 2021
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 7:27 PM Davide Cavalca via CentOS-devel
<centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> We do "rolling OS updates". We keep dated snapshots of the repo and
> whenever we do an update we shard a change to dnf.conf to include the
> repo with the new snapshot and run 'dnf upgrade' from Chef. We test

And... this is why I publish tools for reposync and rsync based
mirroring of RHEL or CentOS repositories. CentOs is a bit easier due
to being able to use "rsync" and get associated ISO or PXE images.
reposync has a mild advantage in mapping a particular state of the dns
repository.