[CentOS-devel] More dojos! (FOSDEM Dojo and future plans)

Wed Feb 10 17:28:39 UTC 2021
Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>

On 2/10/21 7:38 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 2/9/21 10:49 PM, Edward via CentOS-devel wrote:
>>
>> On 2/8/21 12:16 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>> at least until we get back to doing some in-person events
>>

>> hope that includes having a booth at next years SCALE?
>
> I certainly plan to be at next year's SCALE - as we say here in Kentucky
> - Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

I'm curious how deep this interest in a booth at SCALE would be?

Because of the timing of all the things and that pre-Pasadena SCALE had
expo hall space limitations, we have always had CentOS as one of the
many community participants at the Red Hat booth.

By comparison, Fedora has always had a stand-alone booth at SCALE,
sometimes near the RH booth, sometimes farther away.

For us to have a stand-alone SCALE booth would require a bit of more
local help. I would absolutely be there and will drive down from NorCal
so I can help ferry booth things around the week-of. But we need more
than Rich and myself to organize and staff that booth.

If there are folks in Southern Californa and would be interested in a
stand-alone CentOS booth at SCALE in 2022, let's start talking!

Best regards,

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade [he/him/his]| Senior Community Architect | @quaid