[CentOS-devel] [TripleO] [CloudSIG] Errors on Recent TripleO Deployment - Ussuri and Victoria

Thu Feb 11 09:31:24 UTC 2021
YATIN KAREL <yatinkarel at gmail.com>

Hi Nathan,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 12:00 AM Nathan McGarvey <nathanmcgarvey at gmail.com>
wrote:

> To anyone on the cloud SIG team, specifically dealing with a TripleO
> deployment:
>

>     As of this week, a stock install of the "Ussuri" and "Victoria"
> releases of TripleO undercloud fail due to internal puppet module issues
> as follows:
>
>     Note that at least Ussuri worked recently (in the last few weeks):

There was a tripleo tag release 13 days ago
https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/31744/, which likely breaked it.

> Ussuri:
>         "puppet-user: Error: no parameter named 'key_size' (file:
> /etc/puppet/modules/tripleo/manifests/certmonger/haproxy.pp, line: 102)
> on Certmonger_certificate[haproxy-external-cert] (file:
> /etc/puppet/modules/tripleo/manifests/certmonger/haproxy.pp, line: 102)
> on node centos8-testing.localdomain"
>
>     It seams that this may have been fixed in
>
> https://github.com/openstack/puppet-tripleo/commit/963b47338008f16039a815b03f00ad6e387b6ca0
>
> A new puppet-certmonger is needed for the puppet-tripleo in stable/ussuri.
I proposed https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/31942/ to add it to -testing
repo, once it's merged will push it to -release. Will update this list once
it's available in mirror.centos.org ussuri repos. It's possible that more
such packages are missing.

> Victoria:
>     ... "Could not find class ::neutron::plugins::ml2::ovs_driver" ...
>
>    I'm not sure if this is related/fixed, but it may be:
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/puppet-neutron/+/757803

Yes this is related, issue is puppet-tripleo-13.5.0-1.el8 needs
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-neutron/commit/d2ce5cd which is missing
a tag release in puppet-neutron for stable/victoria. So flow is get tag
release for puppet-neutron, add it to -testing and then to -release.

>     Steps to reproduce:
>         Base install of CentOS8.3 Minimal (VM and baremetal behave the
> same)
>         install centos-release-openstack-<version>
>         [Optional?] dnf module disable container-tools:rhel8 and dnf
> module enable container-tools:2.0
>         dnf install python3-tripleoclient ceph-ansible openstack-selinux
>         dnf distro-sync
>         add the "stack" user and such, add sudo rules, etc.
>         [copy undercloud.conf.sample to undercloud.conf]
>             NOTE: minor customization of IPs in my test environment.
>         [Optional] generate the container parameters yaml
>         openstack undercloud install --verbose
>

>      Has anybody else experienced this? Any ideas on how to rectify the
> issue or prevent this from happening in the future. This seems like a
> pretty big breakage since it is effectively a no-go for any new install
> at least. (I'd assume the overcloud install will break in the same
> manner since it should be using the same repos and containers.)
>
> We have limited coverage in those scenarios(3 packstack scenarios + 4
puppet-openstack scenarios + 1 TripleO standalone job which builds and
deploy containers), We can add some more TripleO jobs to catch such issues
early.
Another option is you can use DLRN trunk repos[1][2] as defined in [2]
which get fixes/features early as they don't rely on tag releases but get
builds from latest commits in branches and also have good CI coverage so
you will not see the above issues using these.

[1] trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-ussuri/current-tripleo/delorean.repo
[2] https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-ussuri/delorean-deps.repo
[3]
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/deployment/install_undercloud.html