[CentOS-devel] re CVE errata in CentOS Stream

Sun Feb 21 00:00:50 UTC 2021
redbaronbrowser <redbaronbrowser at protonmail.com>

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 5:57 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 5:35 PM redbaronbrowser <redbaronbrowser at protonmail.com> wrote:

>>> You were.

>>> The policy is CVEs go out via RHEL first, just like it was with CentOS. When you see behavior that is counter to that policy, the policy was broken (this is a Red Hat policy, not a CentOS Stream policy).
>>
>> I wasn't claiming it was a Stream policy. And I'm not asking for CVEs to be released for CentOS first. I was just trying to determine, what is the expected latency between the time it is determine a CVE "fix" for RHEL causes broken behavior and how soon Stream users can contribute to fixing it.
>
> I don't think we've done this long enough to know what the lag will be. I can tell you there isn't some sort of management sleep() injected into the process. It will be up to the individual engineering teams and their development workflow. I don't expect we'll be opening CVE development to CentOS Stream.

Thank you for your quick response.

To be clear, I wasn't expecting a CVE response team to be part of Stream. I was expecting regression response to be part of Stream of which CVE fixes is one potential source of regressions. I want to be able to work on CI/CD testing and regression fixes regardless of the source instead of only 80% of them.