[CentOS-devel] Vote of Confidence

Matthew Miller

mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Jan 1 23:13:30 UTC 2021

I don't think this is constructive. Active members of this mailing list are
not a good sample of the CentOS community, no matter how you define it, and
I can't see what an "unofficial" vote can possibly do to promote discussion
in a positive way.

I consider myself a member of the CentOS community by several definitions
(I've been on this list since 2005, and have been engaged in various ways in
the past fifteen years, and I've had CentOS Linux systems running in various
states of production over that time) and certainly not by others (I've never
worked directly on CentOS). Of course, now I work for Red Hat, but even if I
didn't, I wouldn't feel at all comfortable voting in any way on the things
you have proposed, particularly with the presuming-the-antecedent argument
behind your calls for various resignations. (Which, also, are incredibly
disrespectful to folks who have worked VERY HARD for CentOS.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>