[CentOS-devel] Vote of Confidence

Julien Pivotto

roidelapluie at inuits.eu
Sat Jan 2 01:37:31 UTC 2021

On 01 Jan 18:19, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 6:13 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think this is constructive. Active members of this mailing list are
> > not a good sample of the CentOS community, no matter how you define it, and
> > I can't see what an "unofficial" vote can possibly do to promote discussion
> > in a positive way.
>
> Agreed. The people who showed up and did the work, or are doing the
> work, get to make the call of what they work on next.
>
> If you want to do something useful, build a labeled snapshot structure
> for internal or even public CentOS mirror use to provide the stable
> point releases yourself.

I do agree. Please read the material provided by red hat at try to
better understand. Make your voice heard at centos-questions at .

An unoffical vote here to publicly ask people to resign is one step too
much.

If CentOS really means that much to you, it seems there will be
alternatives, like rocky linux, to meet your needs. You might better go
there and provide them some help.

I think I might simply unsub from this mailing list because
everything has been said about stream and people keep pushing. You
should have enough material to make your own choices.

Let's just work together to make stream great - working together is what
open source is about.