[CentOS-devel] glibc-2.28-145.el8 with glibc-hwcaps support is coming to CentOS Stream 8

Josh Boyer

jwboyer at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 15:09:49 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 3:13 AM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> On 07/01/2021 19:04, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > We have rebased a large part of the glibc dynamic loader and the x86 CPU
> > detection infrastructure to the current upstream version.  These changes
> > are going to land in CentOS Stream soon.
> >

> Hi Florian,
>
> Thanks a lot for the announce, really appreciated to be aware of what's
> coming .
> I'd (myself) like to see some kind of announces being sent on the public
> list so that everybody can follow what's being worked on and so what to
> expect in Stream packages (as of course there is no official public
> Release Notes -yet- , appearing for RHEL, so downstream)
>
> Wondering if such initiative wouldn't be good to : as development will
> be more and more transparent, what about also "up2date" doc about new
> backported features , etc ?

We're definitely encouraging people to reach out on items the
community might find interesting.  Florian's example is great, and
we've also highlighted new application streams like postgresql 13 as
they become available.

I think for now we're going to do it on an ad hoc basis until we get
more of the CentOS Stream structure in place.  As that gets rounded
out and the contribution process gets determined, we'll need to
consider how best to work this both from things the RHEL teams are
working on and for things the CentOS Stream community would like to
work on.  In the meantime, start small, evolve :)

josh