[CentOS-devel] Thunderbird 78.6 for CentOS 8.3

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Fri Jan 15 08:07:40 UTC 2021

On 15/01/2021 04:35, Chris Schanzle via CentOS-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It appears Thunderbird 78.6.0 was never released for CentOS 8.3.  Could someone please check on it?  Perhaps the Files->c8 section warning is a clue:
>
>     Warning: This package was configured for automatic debranding, but the changes failed to apply.

If you look at the git history, you'll see in the c8
(https://git.centos.org/rpms/thunderbird/commits/c8) and c8-plus
(https://git.centos.org/rpms/thunderbird/commits/c8-plus) that there
were newer commits, also to release the 1:1 matching thunderbird (for
c8) and a different one for c8-plus (that doesn't disable openpgp).

The buildsystem interface is public, so you can see that both were built :
https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=2346

So at stage it needs a compose+sign+push , so I guess it's on Johnny's
list for today :)

> As a related topic, I have experience building RPM's/mock, superficial git user, but I'm still kinda lost how I might be able to get a .src.rpm out of the current state of
>
> https://git.centos.org/rpms/thunderbird/tree/404b3fff4f6bcc2c23e085b4ad2c1eb7d1510712
>
> Any brief / terse tips would be appreciated.

The following page explains how to get automatically the sources and
also how to rebuild easily a .src.rpm from any branch :
https://wiki.centos.org/Sources#Usage

Kind Regards,
--
Fabian Arrotin