[CentOS-devel] Questions regarding CS8

Fri Jan 15 10:59:24 UTC 2021
Alex Iribarren <alex.m.lists3 at gmail.com>

Hi all,

We're starting to look at CentOS Stream 8 and we have some questions
that we haven't been able to find clear answers for. The closest we've
come is "stay tuned", I'm hoping to get a clearer timeline.

1. When will Stream source RPMs appear in `vault.centos.org`? (Bugs
[#17951](https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17951) and
[#16715](https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16715)).

2. When will debuginfo RPMs appear in `debuginfo.centos.org`?

3. When will the CentOS Stream 8 docker image be built? When will it be
available in [dockerhub](https://hub.docker.com/_/centos)? [Bug
#17973](https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17973)

4. How will updates to Stream be handled? For example, will there be
multiple "major" (ie. 4.18.0-259) kernel families in Stream, and then
one of those will be picked to be the RH 8.4 kernel? Or will there
usually be only one, and Stream's current 4.18.0-259 kernel family
become the kernel of RH 8.4?

5. What is going to be in the
[cr](http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/cr/) repository of Stream?
Will those be updates that have yet to make it into CentOS Stream? How
often will that repository be updated?

6. When I asked some of these questions on IRC in #centos-devel, I was
told that the "Stream team" is in #centos-stream. Is there actually a
different team? Is #centos-stream, and not #centos-devel, the canonical
chat channel?

Apologies in advance if some of these questions have already been
answered, it's hard to keep up with the hundreds of messages over Christmas.

Cheers,
Alex