[CentOS-devel] Thunderbird 78.6 for CentOS 8.3

Chris Schanzle

chris.schanzle at nist.gov
Fri Jan 15 17:57:09 UTC 2021

On 1/15/21 2:26 AM, Simon Matter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It appears Thunderbird 78.6.0 was never released for CentOS 8.3.  Could
>> someone please check on it?  Perhaps the Files->c8 section warning is a
>> clue:
>>
>>     Warning: This package was configured for automatic debranding, but the
>> changes failed to apply.
>>

>> As a related topic, I have experience building RPM's/mock, superficial git
>> user, but I'm still kinda lost how I might be able to get a .src.rpm out
>> of the current state of
>>
>> https://git.centos.org/rpms/thunderbird/tree/404b3fff4f6bcc2c23e085b4ad2c1eb7d1510712
> Did you try to simply download the source files from SOURCES / and SPECS/
> and then build from there, like 'rpm -bs thunderbird.spec' to get a
> .src.rpm file? This should always work, no?
>
> Regards,
> Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the SOURCES and SPECS did not exist a few days ago, sorry for not being clear about that.  I emailed Johnny Hughes off-list several days ago but received no reply, but maybe he found it and started working on it.  I think fixing the debranding issue got things rolling.

Thanks to Fabian also for his detailed reply!