[CentOS-devel] [EXT] First round of RHEL programs announced

Brian (bex) Exelbierd

bexelbie at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 16:35:15 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 2:47 PM Peter Georg
<peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> On 20/01/2021 14.14, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Hi all, I know this was a hot topic on the list so I thought I'd share
> > today's blog post which covers no-cost RHEL for small production workloads
> > and no-cost RHEL for customer development teams.  Keep in mind there are
> > other programs coming, these just got done first.
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/new-year-new-red-hat-enterprise-linux-programs-easier-ways-access-rhel
> >
> > Bullet Points:
> >
> >     - Self-Support RHEL for no-cost in production use cases of up to 16
> >     systems.
> >     - No-cost RHEL for customer development teams (larger number of systems
> >     for non-production cases).
> >     - Available no later than February 1
> >     - Single Sign-on via a Red Hat account, or Github, Twitter, Facebook or
> >     other accounts (You'll soon not need to provide all kinds of personal
> >     information like you used to).
>

> In the blog post it is also mentioned that some users "had specific
> technical questions [...]. We’ve been listening. We know that CentOS
> Linux was fulfilling a wide variety of important roles."
>
> So I now ask myself: Has any of these questions actually been answered
> by now? I'm one of these users and so far I only got an automatic reply.

I am sending those responses.  Folks who sent inquiries that were
related to the announcements we made today should have gotten a
response from me this morning, generally before the blog went live.  I
am, around calls today, working through the remaining questions with a
response.  Because we don't have all the programs complete, many of
the emails are acknowledgements.

However, this is not the first time these emails have been read.  We
have been putting the data in them into the various program teams.

> Probably not the correct topic to ask this question, but I simply didn't
> know where else to ask.

Here is great.  And now you have a name/person to talk to as well.

Thank you.

regards,

bex