[CentOS-devel] how do we create CentOS' comps.xml

aleksander.baranowski

aleksander.baranowski at yahoo.pl
Thu Jan 21 08:45:44 UTC 2021

Hi,

When you have access to RHEL repo you can use repoquery to download
comps (and other metadata in EL8 version). Then you have to debrand them.

There are at least two things that you have to debrand.

1) Descriptions. There is a lot of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other.
Note that some descriptions (Chineese if I recall corectelly), have Red
Hat written in respective language, so it's not as trivial as `sed s/Red
Hat/My Distro/g`.
2) You have to change/replace some packages like redhat-logos. You also
have to remove some packages (mostly connected with RHEL registration).

Bests,
Alex