[CentOS-devel] [EXT] May we get all subpackages in C8S repos?

Peter Georg

peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Jan 21 10:49:18 UTC 2021

On 21/01/2021 11.34, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the refocus of CentOS to Stream, i think it'd make sense to open the
> discussion about the missing subpackages (mainly devel ones) in the repos.
>
> While I understand that this was part of the idea of a "pure clone" of RHEL
> when working with CentOS Linux, now that stream is more intended to be used
> by devel community and not as a pure rebuild, I think there are reasons to
> change this policy.
>
> What'd be the best way to open this discussion?, is it being discussed
> already?, should this be a topic for the board?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alfredo

Not answering your questions, but probably related:
I already opened a Bug on bugzilla.redhat.com (#1915238) about the
CentOS Stream "Devel" repository being empty.
So the situation concerning devel subpackages is currently even worse
for CentOS Stream 8 than for CentOS Linux 8.

For some reasons the bug can not be viewed by the public. I don't know
why and it seems that I can not change it. Disclaimer: I have to admit
that I'm not used to Bugzilla, so maybe I'm just missing the proper setting.

Best

Peter