[CentOS-devel] Centos Stream 8 installation fail...

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 23:50:28 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:19 PM André Verwijs via CentOS-devel
<centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> I've installed Centos Stream 8 with Network install and install dvd,
> but with both Centos Stream doesn't statrup correctly.
> "gnome-initial-setp" account (first time run)  doesn't  close properly,
> so i don't get login screen to first non-root user ....

I suspect that Gnome is going to be a bellweather for failures of
CentOS Stream, due the very large number of interlocking components.
It's why I don't install it on any "server" host or virtual host, and
why I prefer docker or my ancient, RPM bundled publication of tvtwm
that is a *very* stable lightweight manager with effective virtual
windows since 1990.