[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Josh Boyer

jwboyer at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 18:59:19 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 1:54 PM redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel
<centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> On Friday, January 22, 2021 12:13 PM, Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel <centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:
>
> > Am 22.01.21 um 14:53 schrieb Neal Gompa:
> >
> > > On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:32 AM Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel
> > > centos-devel at centos.org wrote:
> > >
> > Thanks, I was afraid reading this. So free RHEL make it more worse.
>
> They are also setting a termination date for the official centos8 docker hub image with no replacement being provided by RHEL.

The official RHEL UBI images can be found in the Red Hat Container
Catalog and do not require registration or entitlement to pull or use,
and are expressly created to allow full redistribution.

podman pull registry.access.redhat.com/ubi8

I am told by our container team that uploads to dockerhub are
complicated for reasons I do not understand.

> There is no official centosstream on docker hub and I question how much a streamlatest image would ever be used.

Brian has a solution for this coming.

josh