[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

redbaronbrowser

redbaronbrowser at protonmail.com
Sun Jan 24 17:58:53 UTC 2021

On Sunday, January 24, 2021 10:44 AM, Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Are you seeing any updates to RHEL 6 published in Decmeber 2020 or
> > January 2021 from your developer subscription?
>
> I have no RHEL 6 systems at all, but I can access "Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Suppport" for 6.7 so I guess I the
> dev subscription has access to it.
>
> Yet, this is still the old dev subscription and it's limited to 1
> phisical host/16 VMs for pure non-prod purposes.

Thanks for looking into that for me.

RHEL 6 had 5.5 years of Mainstream Support during which it went from 6.0 to 6.7.

RHEL 6 had 3.5 years of Maintenance Support during which it went from 6.8 to 6.10.

The fact you are using the "Extended Update Support" being applied to 6.7 seems to indicate that subscription gave you access to the 3.5 year period to get you to 6.10.

I still believe (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong), that the Extended Life Cycle Support (ELS) for the 11th year of 6.10 is *NOT* included.  To get that additional extention to the lifecycle still needs to be purchased.