[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Gena Makhomed

gmm at csdoc.com
Sun Jan 31 00:22:23 UTC 2021

On 31.01.2021 1:51, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I'm not sure we've ever really looked at systemd-nspawn from a subscription
> service point of view.  For Docker and Podman, we've always viewed those
> containers as just processes running on the system (this is a notable
> difference from how VMs are viewed).  Containers inherit access to
> subscription services via the host they're on.  That's why UBI should see
> additional content available when it's running on a RHEL system as opposed
> to something like CentOS or Ubuntu.
>
> The problem wouldn't be running systemd-nspawn content.  The problem would
> be getting the content into the container you're building though honestly
> I've never used nspawn and I'm not even sure what storage format it uses.

systemd-nspawn by default uses the directory /var/lib/machines/test
for storing the operating system tree of the container named "test".

Copying entitlements from host to systemd-nspawn container possible,
as I understand, it is just a files located on predefined locations.

Solution for the related problem (I am not sure what this is legal):
https://patrick.uiterwijk.org/blog/2016/10/6/rhel-containers-on-non-rhel-hosts

--
Best regards,
  Gena