[CentOS-devel] TLS issues koji.mbox.centos.org

Thu Jan 7 07:41:53 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 06/01/2021 23:45, Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel wrote:
> Am 06.01.21 um 21:30 schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:

<snip>

> Two hours later: Its works again here, now. I have no idea what caused
> the above response. Sorry for the noise. Thanks for the feedback, Leon

Hi Leon,

Reading inbox and so commenting just today :

As smooge pointed out, LetsEncrypt recently switched Intermediate CA
cert (see https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/) from X1 to R3

It was reflected in our ansible automation *but* for that particular
haproxy chain in front of openshift (for koji.mbox) it wasn't pointing
to correct CAChain crt file (that needs to be concatenated)

That was identified and fixed in the mean time and extra-step added to
automatically recheck before pushing to git the certs deployed then by
ansible (as LetsEncrypt new CA validity is clearly shorter than before
so they'll even rotate intermediate CA more frequently)

So I guess you tried just before the following fix was pushed/deployed :-)

Kind Regards,

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab