[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Thu Jan 21 12:33:01 UTC 2021
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 21.01.21 um 12:04 schrieb Ljubomir Ljubojevic:
> 2. It is not clear if only server variants are allowed or if RHEL
> Workstation variant will be able to register under Individual Developer
> license. I use CentOS 8 on my laptop and have Apache + MySQL +
> PostgreSQL installed although rarely used. What variant
> Workstation/Server should be installed in such case and will there be
> any limits what can be installed if one is chosen instead of the other
> (I never installed RHEL aside from initial beta releases and will have
> to research this first)? CentOS has all the packages from all the RHEL
> variants accessible in single variant.

I had the same question and found this:

https://developers.redhat.com/articles/faqs-no-cost-red-hat-enterprise-linux#

Q/A 14.

"Note that subscriptions are for a specific variant, such as desktop,
workstation, or server. The no-cost subscription is for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Server, which is a superset of the other editions."

--
Leon