[CentOS-devel] [EXT] Re: May we get all subpackages in C8S repos?

Sun Jan 24 21:08:19 UTC 2021
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 2:49 PM Peter Georg
<peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> On 22/01/2021 19.33, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 12:46 PM Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> Possibly.  I'm not sure it would show up in a "Devel" repo, but it's a
> >> smaller set to start with.
> >
> > So I looked at this: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/
> >
> > and noticed that some of those packages are already available in
> > Stream in the PowerTools repo.  Specifically:
> >
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/PowerTools/x86_64/os/Packages/autogen-libopts-devel-5.18.12-8.el8.x86_64.rpm
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/PowerTools/x86_64/os/Packages/protobuf-lite-devel-3.5.0-13.el8.x86_64.rpm
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/PowerTools/x86_64/os/Packages/tracker-devel-2.1.5-2.el8.x86_64.rpm
> >
> > quota-devel should be there, but isn't for some reason.  I'll figure
> > out why.  libuv-devel should land there in the next few weeks as well.
> >
> > The rest I'll look into.
>
> libuv-devel is one of the subpackages I'm particular interested in.
> Thanks for looking into it!
>
> Peter

The picking and choosing and pruning of "we'll publish some of the
RPM's, but we'll either not publish or snip out of the Fedora .spec
file devel packages we don't want to support" is seriously
crazy-making.  quota-devel is in the Devel channel.
python3-talloc-devel cannot be found in RHEL or CentOS, even though
it's written into the upstream Fedora libtalloc.spec file.I ran into
this one backporting Sama 4.13 to CentOS 8.