[CentOS-devel] CentOS/Fedora authentication system merge (Please Read)

Wed Jan 27 16:24:03 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 27/01/2021 16:59, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 08:58:13AM +0100, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> As it was preannounced some time ago , the CentOS Board agreed to merge
>> the CentOS accounts (https://accounts.centos.org) with the Fedora FAS
>> (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/)
>
> I'm super-excited to hear this. This will make it easier for Fedora and
> CentOS SIG contributors to collaborate in a seamless way.

Yes ! and that's the goal :-)

>> The "open" question is about what to do for same account but in fact
>> being different people (question is debated between Fedora and CentOS
>> through the AAA initiative)
>
> How many of these are there?

As said, the first run created a list of 123 accounts in that situation
but that have to be verified . I guess AAA team will have a better view
once people have updated their email address to match at both sides. :)
But during stg testing we had at least one case for a "key user" who
couldn't log nor reset his account , and then realizing that his nick
name was already taken by someone else at FAS side, so not imported from ACO

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab