[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Thu Jan 28 21:37:36 UTC 2021
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com>

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 8:06 AM Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 6:49 AM Markus Falb <markus.falb at mafalb.at> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2021-01-21 at 12:04 +0100, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>>

>> > 3. Users that register Individual Developer licenses should be warned
>> > that they need to renew subscription every 365 days and that they
>> > should
>> > not miss the date(?). Someone commented that if subscription is not
>> > renewed before it expires they might be problems? Is that true, and
>> > what
>> > are the problems if it is true?
>>
>> My experiences with the developer subscription in the past: you *had*
>> to miss the date. There was no way to renew before the end date was
>> reached. You had to wait for the subscription to expire until you could
>> get a new one. This is another workflow as with paid subscriptions.
>>
>> kind regards, markus
>>

> This sounds annoying, I'll ask around a bit and see what the intention is
> and if there are any changes planned.
>
>             -Mike

Getting back to this - it looks like this problem remains.  I haven't tried
this but your registrations should remain.  Once you renew your content
access is restored.  I don't have an account that is about to expire though
so I can't verify this directly.

more details: