[CentOS-devel] python3-pyOpenSSL missing from CentOS Stream 9

Ken Dreyer

kdreyer at redhat.com
Thu Jul 29 21:20:31 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:37 AM Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:

> This has happened before for a few packages, and it's fairly hard to find because command line tools say it isn't tagged, while web based tools say it is.

When I was looking at this earlier for python-virtualenv, I found that
it depends on the command-line tool. For example "koji list-tagged"
will not show it because it goes through listTagged ->
readTaggedBuilds , which considers "blocked" logic. On the other hand,
"koji buildinfo" and "koji list-history --build" (and the buildinfo
web UI) will show the tag as active on the individual build.

Blocking packages is an advanced workflow in Koji, and it would be
great to simplify this by removing package entries from tags
altogether.

I was looking again at
https://github.com/ktdreyer/koji-ansible/issues/2 this week. I
understand there are some situations where we have to configure a
package block, but generally speaking, Ansible performs better if
users only configure the exact packages they need, instead of blocking
irrelevant packages.

- Ken