[CentOS-devel] RHEL for Research and Academia

Mon Jul 19 14:03:13 UTC 2021
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com>

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 8:40 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 9:26 AM Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone, I had sent a few other updates to the list regarding free
> RHEL programs and so I thought I would make sure to link to this one
> announced today.  For those of you in academic or research institutions,
> this is the announcement you've been looking for.  Generally, this program
> has been in place for some time but you had to know who to reach out to for
> discussion.
> >
> > For those who are interested, give it a read.
> >

> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/expanding-red-hat-enterprise-linux-choices-research-and-academia
> >

> It's unclear to me *what* academic institutions qualify now. Would,
> for example, primary and secondary schools, co-op schools, etc.
> qualify for being able to use it at no-cost for PCs used by students
> for labs and such?

K-12 primary/secondary schools are considered qualified academic
institutions and I would expect them to be included in this program.  What
I don't know is whether or not they would be part of the previously
available low-cost option or a free option.  I assume that's for the
redhat-academic@ email address to decide.

Academic Edition Subscriptions would include faculty, staff, and students
for general use (classrooms, personal, etc) according to Appendix 1
"Academic Edition Subscriptions" -
https://www.redhat.com/en/about/agreements (See Appendix 1 under "Product
Appendices").

       -Mike