[CentOS-devel] Documenting the CentOS Linux 8 EOL process

Thu Jul 8 17:44:07 UTC 2021
Alex Iribarren <alex.m.lists3 at gmail.com>

Hi,

On 7/8/21 7:10 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> 3. Turn off mirrorlist to that release name (aka all requests to
> CentOS-8 will 404)
> 4. Remove the data from the main mirrors with a file saying look at
> vault.centos.org
> 5. Mirrors pick all that up in 4-8 hours.

> Are there any changes to this process that we *want* to advocate for,
> given the special nature of this particular EOL? (No, I absolutely
> cannot promise anything, but I can ask.)

I'm not sure what the timelines for this whole process are, but I'd like
to advocate for not deleting everything from the main mirrors on the
31st. Having the C8 content there for an extra month or so would be
nice, particularly given the holiday period.

Cheers,
Alex