[CentOS-devel] Proper CentOS Stream value for ID_LIKE

Fri Jul 9 20:25:41 UTC 2021
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 02:53:00PM -0500, Carl George wrote:
> I am strongly against this.  The field is called ID_LIKE, not
> ID_UPSTREAM.  CentOS Stream is like RHEL.  Based on koji builds, CS8
> is currently 80% identical to CL8, and therefore approximately 80% the
> same as RHEL.  To be clear, I'm not pulling this percentage out of
> thin air, I'm using the productmd python library [0] to get the
> numbers out of our compose metadata.

It's even more alike than "80%" implies, because that remaining 20% is just
'some metadata is different', not "this package is completely alien now".

Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora Project Leader