[CentOS-devel] RFC: kmods SIG Proposal

Wed Jun 2 13:13:54 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

On 5/28/21 9:24 AM, Peter Georg wrote:
> On 25/05/2021 14.46, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>

>> On 5/19/21 11:56 AM, Peter Georg wrote:
>>> I'd like to propose a SIG for CentOS Stream. Please see the proposal
>>> below.
>>
>> Loving all of the discussion and refinement here.
>>
>> Note: The next board meeting is on June 9th. We request that you have
>> a final draft of the proposal ready and in the wiki by June 2nd, so
>> that the board has time to review.
>
> The final draft is almost ready, hence this shall not be an issue.
>
> However I do have some questions about the process (trying to follow
> https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide#The_SIG_Process as close as possible):

Sorry for my slow response - although I see that you've solved most of
these already, answering in case others have the same questions.

> - It seems that the proposal currently does not meet the 7th requirement
> ("One member of the SIG should be a member of the Governing
> Board/Devteam"). Can this member be the same as the sponsoring
> Gonverning Board Member? Shall the sponsoring Governing Board Member
> typically be a member of the SIG?

This was one of the things that was addressed (but not yet updated in
the doc!) in the recent SIG feedback discussion. The Board has discussed
this requirement, and there's still some clarity lacking ... but, yes,
the sponsor can fill that spot.

> - Who shall add the SIG proposal to the Wiki? According to the Wiki the
> sponsoring board member adds the SIG to the list of proposed SIGs.
> However, there is no information about who shall create the SIG
> description page. Shall I ask Patrick Riehecky as the sponsoring
> Governing Board member to post the final draft there or shall I request
> access to post the final draft myself (following
> https://wiki.centos.org/Contribute#Contribute_to_the_Wiki)?

I see that you've already requested that edit access. It's fine for the
proposing individual to create and own the wiki page.

> - Am I missing any other requirements to get this proposal approved?

The Board will discuss the proposal at the upcoming meeting on the 9th.
Hopefully they'll also speak up here if they feel that there is anything
missing from the proposal that might cause it not to be accepted.