[CentOS-devel] kmods SIG Proposal

Josh Boyer

jwboyer at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 19:33:53 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 1:02 PM David Duncan via CentOS-devel
<centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The kmods SIG looks like a great place to introduce the out-of-tree
> versions of the ENA and EFA drivers for supporting Amazon EC2
> instances. If this is the right place for that work, I would like to
> add my support by contributing effort to maintain them here.

RHEL ships ENA and EFA drivers.  Are these the same drivers you're
referring to?  If not, can you describe how they're different?

I ask because if RHEL ships a driver then Stream will ship the same
driver directly.  It wouldn't make much sense to have them in a SIG
unless they were somehow different, and even then there would be
interesting issues to work out around conflicting drivers.

josh