[CentOS-devel] [Artwork] CentOS Stream logo

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:10:53 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-22 at 15:08 +0100, Leigh Griffin wrote:
> I'd view them as separate conversations for now, if the overall logo
> gets an overhaul the Stream logo follows suit. We didn't want to
> alter the main image and hit the brand issues ourselves.

Understandable.

I've put some ideas together in the following links with the hope of
being useful:

- https://people.centos.org/areguera/brands/centos-stream-logo.png
- https://people.centos.org/areguera/brands/centos-stream-logo.svg

The first logo design is the most accurate version considering the
brand in use presently. It is similar to the one Red Hat proposed, with
some differences:

- Remove the 4 color bandages. It seems to be a decorative element
without any real purpose. The more color we add to the mark the more
difficult it will be to reproduce it or adapt it to different visual
manifestations.

- Move the "Stream" word from right to left and adjust its size to make
it proportional to "CentOS" word. Consider that, when the logo is
reduced in size, the word Stream may be unreadable if it is too small.

- We have a design restriction[1] in the mark where the "CentOS" word
must be perfectly aligned to CentOS symbol's horizontal axis. All other
components in the composition should be arranged based on this, from
left to right and from top to bottom. So, it is possible to build new
brands on top of the current one without affecting the brand design
itself.

The rest of the logo designs are there just to show the design
evolution. Where we are and where we will be, possibly. It may help to
bring new ideas and corrections on the design table.

Best regards,

[1] https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Brand/Logo

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>