[CentOS-devel] [Artwork] CentOS Stream logo

Mon Jun 21 16:38:25 UTC 2021
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Mon, 2021-06-21 at 10:19 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Hi, Artwork folks (and everyone else!)
>
> Some people within Red Hat have a need/desire for a CentOS Stream
> logo which can be used to distinguish CentOS Linux from CentOS Stream
> for some messaging. They have proposed the attached for this purpose.
>
> There were, in fact, several other proposed ideas, too, and I have
> pointed them to https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork/issue/1 to
> continue that part of the conversation, as many of them involved
> changes to the core CentOS logo, which is, of course, a much larger
> conversation.

...and this CentOS Stream logo they propose wouldn't be part of it,
doesn't it?

> Are there any objections from the Artwork SIG to using the proposed
> image?

No objections from me.

> I think maybe it's not *strictly* compliant with our brand
> guidelines. Any thoughts here?

Yes, I do have a pair:

- What design process does Red Hat expect the CentOS community to
follow regarding CentOS brand constant reviewing? How much freedom does
CentOS community has to agree or disagree with changes coming from the
brand owner as well as the other way around.

- The CentOS brand is owned by Red Hat, but the process by which the
image is produced/enhanced, could it be considered a open source
project on its own, with open and clean directives to follow. So, to
make visible what we can and cannot do when we talk about enhancing the
CentOS brand?

Appreciate every time CentOS visual identity topics are risen. Thanks!

Best Regards,

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>