[CentOS-devel] Announcing ROSI - RHEL for Open Source Infrastructure

Mon Mar 1 08:51:06 UTC 2021
YATIN KAREL <yatinkarel at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 2:03 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 3:15 PM redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel
> <centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:
> >
> > If you want a list of actual use cases for CentOS Linux I have been
> involved or benefited from in the past, I can try to provide that list for
> you.
> >
> > If you need a current immediate use case, I don't really have that -- at
> least not something you would consider a serious request.
> >
> > I have wanted for a while to rebuild CentOS for the Hercules emulator.
> Neither CentOS or Fedora provide anything for the zSeries platform which
> makes getting started hard.  As far as I know the ROSI offering is not
> inteded to provide access to the zSeries build of RHEL or to support hobby
> linux distro rebuild projects.  WIth the recent announcement there are
> probably plenty of other projects more worthy of consideration than doing
> that.  Again, it isn't something I expect you would take to be a serious
> request.  If ROSI ends up be a long term offer and things settle down then
> I might make my request then.
> >

> I assume here you mean s390 (the 32-bit-that's-really-31-bit
> architecture) is the architecture you want to target? Because Fedora
> (and RHEL) support s390x (the 64-bit successor to s390). IBM has
> previously expressed interest in a CentOS build for IBM Z systems for
> RDO (specifically the LinuxONE), but I don't know if anything came out
> of that. It'd be nice to have all RHEL architectures present in CentOS
> Stream. :)
>
> Yes you are right, there were some efforts on this for RDO Train release
and they built deps for s390x and published at
http://linuxone.cloud.marist.edu:8080/repos/rdo/rhel8.0/deps/.

Also have how to deploy packstack on s390x documented at
https://www.rdoproject.org/install/linuxone/. But /me not aware of any

future/current plans on that.

As for having s390, there is an AltArch SIG which is currently