[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream Pull Requests: How to know about them?

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed Mar 3 14:08:59 UTC 2021

On 03/03/2021 14:56, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Hello CentOS!
>
> I've recently opened this Pull Request:
>
> https://git.centos.org/rpms/python-six/pull-request/1
>
> The only purpose was to see if the RHEL maintainers (my Red Hat team
> members) get notified. They were not.
>
> What is the supposed workflow here? There was no "CentOS" person who
> would respond to this Pull Request and the "RHEL persons" who could do
> something about this are not notified.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Miro,

Well, gitlab (https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream) is where the
whole collaboration is supposed to happen (for Stream 9), and ideally
you'd have got the notification about it, but it's also "in progress"
(afaik)

https://git.centos.org/ is actually only used for :
- push from Red Hat sources for el8/el8/el8s
- collaboration from SIGs (able to push to specific branches, but never
to c7/c8/c8s)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab