[CentOS-devel] Stream naming

Josh Boyer

jwboyer at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 15:21:04 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:13 AM Carl George <carl at redhat.com> wrote:

> I agree with Tim about the inconsistency.  I've been referring to the distro as CS8, or just CS if I'm not talking about a specific version.  The branches are named the way they are for technical reasons, but there is no reason we have to use that naming pattern when discussing the distro.

I think that makes sense.  Discussing and writing about CentOS Stream
is separate from the technical infrastructure needed to build it.
That's what Brian was speaking to as well.

While inconsistency can drive us nuts, I'd rather prioritize getting
Stream up and running over having to update a number of tools to deal
with s/c8s/cs8.  That seems like an unnecessary delay for really
little payoff.

josh