[CentOS-devel] Stream naming

Alex Iribarren

alex.m.lists3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 08:55:16 UTC 2021

I've been calling it CentOS Stream 8 and CS8. Our docker image is
'cs8-base' and our cloud image is 'CS8 <date>'.

However, our Koji tags are '<tag>8s-<environment>' and the dist tags are
'el8s.*'. We had to make that consistency trade-off to not
over-complicate some internal tools and to try to reduce the chances of
confusing Koji tag 'cern8' with 'cerns8'.

Cheers,
Alex