[CentOS-devel] CentOS Dojo, May 13th, 14th, online. CFP Now Available

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 13:08:19 UTC 2021

On 3/8/21 4:26 AM, redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:56 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>      We will be holding the event May 13th and 14th, once again using the
>>      Hopin platform that we used last time. (Those of you who sent feedback
>>      about the platform may like to know that this was all passed on to
>>      Hopin, and at least some of it has been addressed since then.)
>
> Will we always be stuck with whatever RH OSPO (odd name for a group that chooses non-FOSS software) selects for the CentOS Dojos?

No, not at all. YOU TOO can run a Dojo. There's helpful information
here. https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo

> It would be nice if the feedback from the CentOS community will helping to enrich a FOSS project as well.
>
> If CentOS is strictly controlled by the RH OSPO for each of these dojo's, can we get information from the RH OSPO on why they ruled out all FOSS software for this purpose?  What features still need to be added for the Open Source Program Office to embrace Open Source?
>
> I understand the tight time constraints for having something that was ready in time for FOSDEM.  But it seems like even when time is not the pressing item that there are other unstated issues making Closed Source services preferable for CentOS than FOSS.

As Julien observes, nobody has stepped up to host or administer a
conference server. This would seem impractical, for something we do 4-5
times a year. But if you're volunteering, of course I'm very interested
in speaking with you more about how this would work.