[CentOS-devel] CentOS Dojo, May 13th, 14th, online. CFP Now Available

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 18:55:17 UTC 2021

On 3/8/21 1:42 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> However, I am currently working in the dark.  There is no transparency
> into how RH OSPO conducted it's review of services.  And I can't find
> where the feedback on things Hopin was asked to improve is.

FWIW, I *completely* disagree that you're working in the dark. If you've
ever run or even attended a virtual event, you are qualified to
volunteer to do this. I do it solo because I have, so far, not been
successful in finding other people to step up to volunteer to do it.

And, more importantly, it's your community as much as it is mine, and
you have the authority to make these decisions too. The only reason that
I make these decisions unilaterally is that I'm being paid by Red Hat to
do so, and my calls for volunteers have gone largely unanswered.

The ideal situation for me would be to find volunteers to do every task
that I currently do - newsletters, events, social media, SIG report
wrangling, etc, etc, etc - and then I could just drink scotch and watch
other people get stuff done.

It's quite possible that I don't do enough to expose these
opportunities. I'll try to do better about that.

--Rich