[CentOS-devel] Fedora/CentOS authentication merge : please read

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sat Mar 27 08:58:22 UTC 2021

On 26/03/2021 15:11, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
<snip>

Important remark wrt nickname conflict between FAS and ACO, so adding
new sub-case for Case 2 :

> # Case 2 : you had both a FAS/Fedora and ACO/CentOS accounts :
> ## same nickname, same email address (matching) :
> When the migration script will be 'kicked', your existing FAS account
> (now in IPA so same password) will just inherit CentOS groups membership
> that you had before, granting so same rights in CentOS infra (like
> koji/cbs.centos.org etc)
>
> ## same nickname, *different* email address :
> You now have just some days to ensure that they matches, the fas2ipa
> script will reject your CentOS account and no centos group will be added
> to your fedora account (no way to ensure that you're the same person
> basically). So if you're in that scenario, just go to
> https://accounts.centos.org and modify your email address *now* ! :-)

## same nickame, *different* email address because *different* user:
This specific case is really the one that is difficult to solve, as if
FAS user registered nickname, and ACO/different person had same nickname
in ACO, there is no way to import your user automatically, because of
the nickname conflict .
One possibility was to then import user with a prefix but we thought
that it would be better to let ACO users in such case (normally you
*should* have received during STG tests a mail about this) chose
themselves a new nickname.
So the solution for non imported users will be to then "register" (you
can already do that through https://accounts.fedoraproject.org) a new
nick name and then ask your SIG chair to be sponsored in previous groups
you were members of.
Just to track such case[s], it's a good idea to still create ticket on
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issues with nickname, and we can also
reflect the new nick in history (like for example on
https://cbs.centos.org / koji)

> ## different nickname : special case but no way to differentiate so the
> fas2ipa script will import you as new user (you'll so exist *twice* in
> same IPA backend)
> You can still then later through group sponsors decide to just
> consolidate to one account and drop the other one, up2you (but preferred)

<snip>
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab