[CentOS-devel] CentOS authentication switch : Last Call for you to verify/update your email address

Mon Mar 29 17:22:24 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Hi all,

We already announced multiple times the CentOS authentication merge with
Fedora.
That means that you'll use (starting next week) only *one* account for
both projects.

That also means that we asked *all* of you to have verified that if you
registered an account on both sides before, you'd be updating your
profile so that email addresses would match (as a primary key, used as
filter for the import tool).

As of today, we still have 175 CentOS user accounts in this conflicting
situation :/
So this is the last call to ask you to verify and update your email
addresses so that they match (if you are the same person that is).

Important note from the script author : if you used your
@fedoraproject.org email address to register your account on
https://accounts.centos.org, the script will complain about "circular
email address", as in new system, your @fedoraproject.org will be
created *on*/*from* that new IPA based solution. So that means : update
now on https://accounts.centos.org your email address to match the one
from https://accounts.fedoraproject.org.

If you think that you're late to the party, let me just say (after a
very quick look) that it *also* concerns some CentOS Board/Core members
:-) (subliminal message : update $now)

As a reminder, every account *not* imported will lead to no group
membership added, and so potentially no ACL applied to let you build on
https://cbs.centos.org, or access any other service using new merged
portal as authentication source.

Kind Regards,
--