[CentOS-devel] grub2 sources and build available for Stream

Wed Mar 3 13:12:15 UTC 2021
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>

Yesterday Red Hat released an updated grub2 errata to resolve a CVE.
You can find more details about this here:

https://access.redhat.com/security/vulnerabilities/RHSB-2021-003

While we have no CVE SLAs for CentOS, I thought it would be worthwhile
to point to this given that grub and boothole have been hot topics
recently.  The sources for this fix are available in git.centos.org
for CentOS Stream 8, and a new build has been completed.

https://git.centos.org/rpms/grub2/commits/c8s
https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=16717

For those of you that also use RHEL, the CentOS Stream changes will
land in a future RHEL minor release.  Testing and feedback in any case
is always welcome.

Thanks to the CentOS team for getting this turned around very quickly.

josh