[CentOS-devel] [Infra] - Planned outage : cbs.centos.org

Tue May 4 06:37:04 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 28/04/2021 16:26, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Due to a major upgrade, we'll have to take the cbs/koji setup into
> maintenance window.
> We're basically upgrading from koji 1.19 running on CentOS 7 to koji
> 1.23 running on CentOS 8-stream, meaning a parallel reinstallation.
>
> Migration is scheduled for """"Tuesday May 4th, 6:00 am UTC time"""".
> You can convert to local time with `date -d '2021-05-04 06:00 UTC' `
>
> The expected "downtime" is estimated to ~60 minutes , time needed to
>  - backup/restore last postgresql dump ,
>  - apply DB schema upgrade[s]
>  - verify service and switch public IP to new kojihub.
>
> We've already taken some kojid builders instance down (and reinstalled
> with 8-stream already) and these will be the first ones to be attached
> back to kojihub, and so letting you, SIG members, be able to submit
> builds again asap.
>
> The remaining kojid nodes will then be reinstalled with 8-stream too,
> and enabled back normally on the same day, to be back at "full st[r]eam" :)
>
> Thanks for your comprehending and patience.
>
> on behalf of the Infra team,

Just to let you know that downtime was 29min and service is now back online.
Some builders were already reinstalled with 8-stream and so already
connected to also reinstalled kojihub, so you can already submit builds.

I'll now reinstall the remaining kojid instances with 8-stream but we
can already consider the migration finished (also tested a build +
signing workflow before opening it up again)

Have a nice day !
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab