[CentOS-devel] opt-out feature turned on on cbs.centos.org (post-migration)

Tue May 4 15:07:23 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Hi all,

One thing we realized this morning after the cbs.centos.org migration to
8-stream is that because kojid builders are now running also 8-stream ,
and so with dnf/mock/yum able to understand modularity, we had a
specific issue for SIG eventually building/tagging pkg that *also* exist
as module/stream in AppStream repository.

With default setup, when "merging" repositories (so BaseOS/AppStream and
your SIG tag), it would just filter out your built pkg

Example: package python3-pytest-4.6.9-1.el8.noarch is filtered out by
modular filtering
This pkg also exist in AppStream and so koji would try to use it from
default enabled module.

So we have decided to just turn the module_hotfixes = 1 boolean for
yum/dnf for all el8-build/el8s-build tags, so that it would just work as
before. With that option turned on, that still allows koji to consume
pkgs from SIG tags.

So in case you *don't* want cbs.centos.org to do that for your SIG tags,
just let us know and we'll revert that for your tags (we decided to make
it that an "opt-out" thing rather than "opt-in" as currently it just
work as before the migration to 8-stream/koji 1.23)

Kind Regards,

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab