[CentOS-devel] Making EPEL available in CBS for SIG builds

Wed May 5 11:59:31 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 29/04/2021 23:07, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Yeah, I think this plan sounds fine. It would require making a import
> script, that imports as things build in epel, but that should be
> do-able.
>
> kevin

I started to rsync/pull epel7/8 pkgs for x86_64,aarch64,ppc64le on a
temporary place and we can start testing importing pkgs.

*but* it's where it needs probably a little bit of clarification : while
initial request was to just have access to EPEL pkgs to satisfy
Requires: and/or BuildRequires: I'm wondering about a redistribution
policy (if any) for pkgs built on fedora infra and that SIGs would be
able to just redistribute if they tag such pkg in their own tag (mostly
for -{testing,release}).

Each pkg tag for -release would go out on mirror CDN, but signed with
SIG gpg key

Is that the workflow that people wanted to see ? It's true that it would
be easy to consume, and even cherry-pick which ENVR of a pkg to have in
a repo (so not be forced to upgrade to a newer epel pkg).

If so, can we have +1 from Fedora infra/Fesco about just importing epel
pkgs in our koji (to not have to rebuild everything) and so also ship
pkgs out (but signed again with SIG gpg pub key for repoclosure in their
own repo)

Searching for feedback to make progress on this request and not let it
fall in a hole like last time :)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab