[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 boot ISO works now

Wed May 5 23:39:49 UTC 2021
Carl George <carl at redhat.com>

During the lifecycle of CentOS Stream 8 we've had a number of anaconda
issues that have manifested the same way.  When using the boot ISO, the user
should have an option to use "closest mirror" as the installation source
once the network is enabled.  Up until now, that feature has not worked
correctly, requiring users to manually type in a mirror URL, or switch to
the larger DVD ISO.  We've managed to resolve all the issues and now have a
functional boot ISO.  This would not have been possible without lots of help
from the upstream anaconda team and from users who filed bugs.

--
Carl George