[CentOS-devel] SIG feedback

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso

amoralej at redhat.com
Wed May 12 08:40:32 UTC 2021

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 9:19 PM Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> If you have been involved in any of our SIGs, now or in the past - or,
> indeed, if you'd like to be in the future - I'd like to hear from you.
>
> I was going to do a formal survey, but I find I need a baseline - I
> don't even know what questions to ask.
>
> I'd like to hear what you love and what you hate about the SIG process.
> What you would like to see done differently. What features/services
> you'd like to see added, and which we could drop.

What could be improved:

- Missing PR workflow as Davide explained (see
https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/4533, two years old).
- Missing -devel subpackages (I know this has been discussed a lot and fix
is in progress).
- I'd like to build, tag and push release rpms (as
centos-release-openstack). In CentOS7 we could build and tag by ourselves
(although it needed infra action to push). In CentOS8 we need to rely in
centos infra to build and publish them in extras repos.

What I like:

- Specially the automation of the tag -> sign -> push workflow has been a
great improvement for SIGs (at least for CloudSIG)