[CentOS-devel] SIG feedback

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed May 12 13:54:10 UTC 2021

On 12/05/2021 10:40, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:
<snip>
> - I'd like to build, tag and push release rpms (as
> centos-release-openstack). In CentOS7 we could build and tag by
> ourselves (although it needed infra action to push). In CentOS8 we need
> to rely in centos infra to build and publish them in extras repos.

Hi Alfredo,

As already explained in the past, centos-release-* pkgs were always
built on distro builders, to then be signed by distro keys, and that
happens *outside* of the cbs.centos.org environment, so I don't see a
way to solve this for now. (technically I mean, as there are constraints
on where the signing infra is located for distro, vs how it's happening
for SIGs)

And also : while you were submitting a build for centos 7, it was
*never* used as Johnny was rebuilding it from scratch in the distro
builders, so same as for CentOS 8/8-stream in fact ;-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab