[CentOS-devel] Can CentOS Stream 8 Devel repo be populated

Sat May 15 04:51:16 UTC 2021
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

Back when the CentOS 8 Devel repo[1] was originally introduced, the CentOS
Stream 8 Devel repo[2] was kept empty.
Now that CentOS 8 is going away, and we are expected to develop on CentOS
Stream 8, could we please get CentOS Stream 8 Devel populated with the same
packages it once had.

I know there is an initiative for all the missing -devel packages to appear
somewhere at sometime.  But here is my problem.
I'm trying to get KDE rebuilt for CentOS Stream 8 due to the updated qt5
that is now in Stream.
plasma-nm, a fairly important piece of KDE, requires
mobile-broadband-provider-info-devel which is in the Devel repo.
>From what I see, the fastest way to get
mobile-broadband-provider-info-devel somewhere that I can consume it on
Stream is via the Devel repo.
Thus my question.

Can we get CentOS Stream 8 Devel populated with whatever is in the regular
Devel repo.

Thanks
Troy Dawson

[1] - http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/