[CentOS-devel] [Artwork] CentOS Stream logo?

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Tue May 18 17:41:05 UTC 2021

On 5/18/21 12:54 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 10:53 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> Hi, Artwork/Design folks,
>>
>> I am getting asked several times a week, by various people, where they
>> can get the CentOS Stream logo.
>>
>> Since there isn't such a thing, I generally say "we just have one
>> logo."
>
> That's my understanding as well. There is only one unique logo to
> identify The CentOS Project in all its visual manifestations, based on
> a monolithic corporate visual identity structure. It probably helps to
> read https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Identity.
>
>> I wonder if it would be possible to get a CentOS Stream logo -
>> presumably just the CentOS logo with "CentOS Stream" wordmark in the
>> right font? There's a mockup of that at
>> https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork/issue/1 but having
>> high-res/scalable versions would be nice.
>
> To cover release-specific logos in CentOS Stream 9 distribution, I am
> proposing to use the following images:
>

> https://gitlab.com/areguera/centos-brand/-/blob/master/Distribution/centos-logo-release.svg
>
> https://gitlab.com/areguera/centos-brand/-/blob/master/Distribution/centos-logo-release-white.svg

Yes, that's pretty much exactly what I'm asking for, but perhaps without
the "9". And available in horizontal as well as vertically-stacked versions.

> However, to cover the distribution visual identity itself (on places
> like the installer and the login screen) the next one:
>
> https://gitlab.com/areguera/centos-brand/-/blob/master/centos-logo-white.svg
>
> Note it doesn't include the Stream word (or any other word) on it
> because The CentOS Project logo considered official doesn't have any.

Yeah, I'm hoping we can make "official" word-mark versions, too.
Whatever "official" means in this context?

> I am glad to see debate on this topic once again :)

While I would love to see your work on the logo itself proceed, in this
particular case I'm limiting myself to just the one request, because
people are asking me for a "CentOS Stream logo" several times every
week. And, hopefully, this kind of a wordmark variant wouldn't have to
go through the whole trademark/legal process.