[CentOS-devel] [EXT] Re: RFC: Stream Kernel SIG Proposal

redbaronbrowser

redbaronbrowser at protonmail.com
Wed May 19 10:17:22 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 5:43 AM, Peter Georg <peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> So in case there is any way to move this SIG proposal forward, or some
> other more suitable way (under the umbrella of centos-plus or some other
> SIG?) to provide such kmod packages, please let me know.

Moving the SIG proposal forward requires a CentOS board member to sponsor the SIG.  Period.

I have not been able to get any board member to establish themselves as a sponsor which effectively vetos the SIG.  The purposal has been sitting for 3 months with no indication any sponsor will ever be stepping forward.

It confuses me why it has been indicated that with Stream the board wants more SIGs but the same level of redtape to avoid them remains in place.

Feel free to jump on the IRC channel and see if any board members become available to discuss this issue.

I personally have become completely demoralized and have a better understanding now why EL Repo does not make use of any CentOS resources to function.

I like your ideas and would like to help move this forward but I have no further advise at this time.