[CentOS-devel] SIG feedback - Summary and actions

Fri May 21 15:27:48 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

Two weeks ago I asked this list for feedback on Special Interest Groups.
I got a *LOT* of feedback, both on-list, and off-list.

There were, of course, some common themes, and you've seem some of that
in the on-list replies.

I have summarized all of the feedback here -
https://blog.centos.org/2021/05/sig-experience-feeback/ - because there
was so much of it.

In the coming weeks, I'll be working on the SIG Guide, and related
documentation, to address the comments regarding lack of information and
clarity of instructions.

I'm also taking the process complaints/suggestions to the board and to
the Infra team to see if, and how, we can address those complaints. Note
that some of them have already been answered/addressed, and I'll be
documenting those items.

This will all be a public process, so that I can get your continued
feedback on proposed changes and clarifications, so that I don't show up
with something rewritten that doesn't actually address everyone's needs.

Thank you to everyone who responded. This was very helpful.

I want to specifically call out Fabian Arrotin, since several people
mentioned that without Fabian, they would never have figured out how to
do what they were supposed to do around SIG setup.