[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 and `dnf downgrade`

Thu May 6 13:25:48 UTC 2021
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 8:57 PM Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/5/21 8:02 PM, Carl George wrote:
> > the intention is to have at least one downgrade version
> > available for most packages.  This will make it easier for users to
> identify
> > if a recent update caused a regression and file a more detailed bug
> report.
>

> That's wonderful news!  This has been one of the most cited barriers to
> adoption I've seen.

Thank you for doing this.  I'm sure alot of KDE users want to thank you as
well.

[root at centos8-stream]# dnf --quiet list --available --showduplicates
qt5-qtbase.x86_64
Available Packages
qt5-qtbase.x86_64                                            5.12.5-8.el8
                                         appstream
qt5-qtbase.x86_64                                            5.15.2-2.el8
                                         appstream

As exciting as a newer qt5 is, it takes some time to get it built and
available.

Troy